How often do you brush your teeth? Or how about flossing or using mouthwash? From a young age, most of us learned the basics for good, proactive dental hygiene, but how clean can we keep our teeth in between visits to the dentist?
Keeping Your Smile Clean
Knowing how to clean your teeth can significantly lower your risks for gum disease, the buildup of plaque and bacteria, toothaches, cavities, and other common dental conditions.
Visiting a dentist allows you to receive professional cleaning and advice on best practices to protect your smile until your next appointment. However, every patient’s mouth presents different challenges in maintaining oral hygiene. Here are a few factors worth consideration:
- Significant gaps between teeth may be more challenging to clean
- Some patients have teeth more prone to decay
- Diet and lifestyle can affect oral health
- Hereditary issues involving the teeth and mouth
Tips for Keeping Your Teeth Clean
We love serving our patients at Antelope Creek Family Dentistry! Although we generally see them periodically in our offices, we can offer plenty of advice to keep their teeth clean in-between visits.
- Bushing and flossing twice a day
- Eating a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruit and vegetables
- Excluding highly acidic, sugary drinks and foods
- Avoiding harmful habits like smoking and the use of other tobacco products
- Wearing mouthguards during sports
- Following your dentist’s advice for any other conditions
Protect Your Smile in Lincoln, NE
We encourage our patients to clean their teeth every day so that the next time they come in for a routine check-up, they can be in and out of the dental chair with minimal time spent filling cavities or dealing with issues detrimental to their oral health. Our dentists want the best for you and your smile!
If you are looking to invest in the future of your oral health and would like to schedule regular cleanings, please give us a call at one of our offices, or you may book online. We look forward to keeping your smile bright for years to come!